This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 7th, 2011 at 10:08 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Rally – Monday December 12th 9:30 AM at Lawyer’s Mall, Annapolis, MD
Briefing: (ADJACENT) At 11:00 AM Senate Education, Health, and Environmental Affairs Committee Room, 2nd Floor Miller Senate Building, Annapolis, MD
PlanMaryland claims to prevent suburban sprawl, but the plan impinges on Constitutional property rights and local autonomy. Furthermore, the plan is based on flawed science; flawed; economics; and flawed environmental assumptions. In effect, it is an attack on our freedoms.
During our recent PlanMaryland: At the Crossroads Forum, the Carroll Board of Commissioners and our panelists provided credible evidence the Maryland Department of the Environment had tortured the data to support its flawed premises:
1) The Plan cooked-the-books on septic nitrate emissions to justify a war on rural Maryland that would steal property rights from farmers and property owners.
2) The Plan NEVER employed a cost-benefit analysis, and its greenhouse gas initiatives would cost you, the taxpayers BILLIONS of dollars and loss of personal freedoms while impacting the temperature of Maryland by less than 1/1000th (one-one thousandth) of a degree during the 21st century.
3) We provided evidence the Plan’s attacks on personal automobiles and suburbia were exaggerated, and in fact the Plan overstates benefits of URBAN living while ignoring costs and problems.
4) The Plan would shift local land use decisions into the hands of non-elected state bureaucrats in Annapolis that are not accountable to voters at election time.
The 9:30 AM Rally will be followed by a briefing for the Maryland Senate Committee on Education, Health, and Environmental Affairs at 11:00 AM. A limited number of designated officials and activists will be allowed to speak. HOWEVER- A large presence of local officials, farmers, and citizens will provide strength in numbers and demonstrate determination against PlanMaryland.
The press will be in attendance, so a strong showing is important. Appropriate signage messages would include the following:
- PLANMARYLAND: EPIC FAIL
- PLANMARYLAND: ASSAULT ON PROPERTY RIGHTS
- STOP PLANMARYLAND
- YOUR PLAN IS OUR NIGHTMARE
Attend both the Rally and the Hearing, but either would be helpful.
Carrol County Commissioner